Monday 1 April 2013

An Introduction

Hi all

Thought I would start out the blog by saying hi! Whether you found this yourself or stumbled upon it by accident.

Let me start by introducing myself. I live in the North East of England and work my days in an office. Im Currently 27 (at time of writing) and have a lovely partner and a little boy of 3 years (again at time of writing - although he is at that lovely curious age you wish they would stop growing up and stay as they are!). I spend most of my spare time at the cinema or in front of my XBox 360, but do enjoy baking, usually with a theme.

let me explain further - say I get asked to enter a bake sale at work or decide to just blow some dust off a cookery book or scour the net, I always like to theme my baking around occasions, or give them some sort of meaning. I type this after juist baking some individual Hot Cross Bun Treacle Tarts, obviously its easter so it fits pretty well. We've also baked some Creme Egg Cupcakes (my partners doing mainly, although I did have some input) and made some easter egg nest cakes with my little boy. He loves helping me out, even if its with waffle batter on a weekend morning - shame he's not too keen on eating the results afterwards! Ill share these with you probably in my next post.

You'll probably get to know a bit more about me as time/posts go on, so I leave you with a fond thanks for reading, and keep an eye out for more posts to come. As I bake new and (possibly not so) wonderous things, i'll share my results and tips and would welcome any suggestions you have!

Thanks for reading (again)
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment